Updated: Apr 23
In the last post, we discussed being happy alone and single on Valentine’s Day. You can read this article here. Today’s post will discuss some solo date ideas that you can do on your own, some of which are in the house and during Covid.
These solo date ideas are great ways to integrate self-care and self-love into your life. I have added dollar signs to signify how expensive each date idea is, with one $ being the least costly and $$ plus being the most expensive!
1. ($) Go on a picnic and a hike: Hiking is a great way to get outside in the sunshine and is suitable for your mental health. According to a scientific study, 42 percent of Americans do not get enough Vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency can cause everything from depression, anxiety, cancer, and heart disease. So, next time you long to get outside of the house, grab a blanket and head out to get some excellent Vitamin D.
2. ($) Set up a book and bath vibe: I have something to admit. I actually hate taking baths. I love making the water and sitting in it. But once I am submerged in the bathtub, I am like: Now what? Most times, you do not want to bring technology into the bathroom just in case it ruins your devices. Or, you don’t want to get tempted to take specific actions (If you know what I mean). So one of my favorite date things to do is light a candle, take a bath, and bring a book into the bathroom with you!
3. ($$) Have a movie night: My family and I have this habit that we do whenever we watch movies. But you do not need to have family around to do it. All you need is your favorite movie or DVD. The habit we do is create a POPCORN BAR! Here is my straightforward popcorn bar recipe.
You will need
Your chocolate of choice ( I love Kit Kats because they melt so good in the warm popcorn)
Sour gummy worms
Caramel or chocolate sauce
Pop your popcorn of choice
Place into a large bowl.
If you are making the bowl for yourself, you can mix your toppings into the popcorn. However, if you are using this recipe for multiple people, you will want to place each ingredient into small bowls. Then let the people pick and choose what they want to put in their popcorn!
4. ($-$$) Make smores and camp inside: Do you remember when you were a kid, and you would make pillow forts? To make a pillow fort, you will need some couch cushions, pillows, and a few blankets. One way to feel special is to hang lights up in your pillow fort (or in your tent if you end up pitching it inside) and watch a movie and eat stove-made smores.
5. ($$$) Go out to eat at a restaurant: I know many people who are often pretty fearful of going out to eat by themselves. After all, what would happen if someone were to come by and see you dining alone? However, when I was out at a restaurant and saw someone eating by themselves, I felt pretty proud of them because it is something that I would not do. As I started to eat out more, I noticed a large number of single people enjoying their time and eating alone. They almost always seem to be having a great time. Also, bonus points if you get dressed up and drive to a restaurant that is a little farther out than where you would usually go.
6. ($) Go on a drive and play your favorite music: I have a secret to admit to you all, and it is a little bit embarrassing. I love driving and singing my favorite songs at the top of my lungs. People who see me driving are probably often scrunching up their eyebrows and wondering what exactly is going on. Some of my favorite playlists are listed on spotify.com.
7. Play with your pets and get them a gift: Did you know that a large population of people spend Valentine’s day with their pets? Some people go so far as to buy their pets gifts. If this is you, comment on what you do for valentines day with your pet.
8. ($$$) Go out for a massage: Are you stressed? Besides reading my mini-book on the front page about being less stressed (You can download it here), you can also travel out and go for a massage. Heated massages are good for the muscles, but they can also help with stress and relaxation. While out for a massage, you could also get a facial. Chiropractic appointments are also a great idea for a solo date.
9. ($$) Cook yourself an excellent meal: Now, hear me out on this one. I know that the point of a date is usually to relax, and cooking takes a lot of planning and time. But- if you have a free Friday night where you are not planning on doing anything, cooking is a great way to kill time. One of my favorite “nice meals” to cook is steaks. They are a little more expensive than the average meal, but you will save more money by cooking the steak yourself than by going out to eat at a restaurant.
10. ($$$) Do something adventurous: Many couples will often do pretty adventurous things to foster a sense of connection between them and the other person. However, raising your adrenaline is a great way to romanticize your life and keep it more interesting. Some adventurous things you can do include kayaking, going skydiving, seeing some animals, and trying some new foods.
Comment below: Which solo date idea would you try? And why?
Solo date ,Solo date ideas, Solo date ideas aesthetic, Solo date ideas things to do, Solo date jar, Solo date night at home, How to date yourself, How to take yourself on a date, HOW TO DATE YOURSELF, Solo date ideas things to do, Solo date ideas, How to be alone, How to be alone and happy.